hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.batt...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: checksum error
Date Mon, 30 Apr 2012 08:20:39 GMT
Thanks for your response.

Are you telling while reading or writing a file make RF=0..?

Anyway write will fail if we make RF=0 since min replica is one by default.

Coming read I am getting eof exception even RF=0;

Here doubt is actually block got corrupted (I checked using fsck and even NN UI also shows
block got corrupted)

After reverting changes what ever changes I did.

Read is successfull by using fsshell commands(cat,text and get)..Only readfully throwing EOF

Please correct me If I am wrong.

Thanks And Regards

Brahma Reddy

________________________________
From: Srikanth [sxk7699@rit.edu]
Sent: Monday, April 30, 2012 3:29 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: checksum error

Hi,

When you say replication factor=1 it is trying to look for another data node to store the
replica of what is stored in the only data node you have created.

Try using replication factor=0.

Srikanth Kommineni

On Apr 30, 2012, at 3:07, Brahma Reddy Battula <brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com<mailto:brahmareddy.battula@huawei.com>>