hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "Jagat Singh" <jagatsi...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Yahoo Hadoop Tutorial with new APIs?
Date Wed, 04 Apr 2012 13:15:19 GMT
Hello Marcos

 Yes , Yahoo tutorials are pretty old but still they explain the concepts of Map Reduce ,
HDFS beautifully. The way in which tutorials have been defined into sub sections , each builing
on previous one is awesome. I remember when i started i was digged in there for many days.
The tutorials are lagging now from new API point of view.

 Lets have some documentation session one day , I would love to Volunteer to update those
tutorials if people at Yahoo take input from outside world :)

 Regards,

 Jagat

----- Original Message -----
From: Marcos Ortiz
Sent: 04/04/12 08:32 AM
To: common-user@hadoop.apache.org, 'hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org', mapreduce-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Yahoo Hadoop Tutorial with new APIs?

Regards to all the list.
 There are many people that use the Hadoop Tutorial released by Yahoo at http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/
http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/module4.html#chaining
The main issue here is that, this tutorial is written with the old APIs? (Hadoop 0.18 I think).
 Is there a project for update this tutorial to the new APIs? to Hadoop 1.0.2 or YARN (Hadoop
0.23)

 Best wishes
 -- Marcos Luis Ortíz Valmaseda (@marcosluis2186) Data Engineer at UCI http://marcosluis2186.posterous.com

 http://www.uci.cu/