hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: cli login as different user
Date Mon, 12 Mar 2012 14:58:56 GMT

You'll have to ensure (or provide) that your regular users can also
access the same script.

One way is to have regular package installations - Apache Bigtop helps
provide Apache Hadoop packages for consumption, for instance - for
RPM/DEB installations and more, and you can use those.

The other alternative, if you use tarballs, is to make sure all your
hadoop users have the $HADOOP_HOME/bin on their PATH, so they can use
the command as any other first class command from their shell (without
needing to specify a path).

Or are you seeing issues when you try the command as non-installation
user? If so, what error do you observe?

On Mon, Mar 12, 2012 at 8:24 PM, Petru Dimulescu
<petru.dimulescu@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi, how can I run any hadoop.sh command (e.g. hadoop fs -ls /) as
> non-default user (is there some CLI switch, or evironment variable) ?
> Thanks

Harsh J

View raw message