hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

Site index · List index
Message view « Date » · « Thread »
Top « Date » · « Thread »
From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Checkpoint Woes
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 21:18:18 GMT
Have you ensured there is no firewall between the two hosts? Can you
also pastebin your hdfs-site.xml?

On Thu, Feb 2, 2012 at 2:45 AM, Gabriel Rosendorf
<grosendorf@e3smartenergy.com> wrote:
> So I'm at a loss.  Checkpointing is failing, and both hosts (NN and 2NN) are
> reachable via HTTP.
> Any ideas would be greatly appreciated!
>
> From NameNode:
>
> 2012-02-01 21:02:53,460 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.StateChange: *BLOCK*
> NameSystem.processReport: from 10.178.231.219:50010, blocks: 0, processing
> time: 0 msecs
> 2012-02-01 21:03:56,581 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
> 10.178.224.109
> 2012-02-01 21:03:56,685 WARN org.mortbay.log: /getimage:
> java.io.IOException: GetImage failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection
> refused
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:211)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
> at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:970)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:911)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:836)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1172)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:160)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:88)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:85)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:85)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:70)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet.doGet(GetImageServlet.java:70)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1221)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer$QuotingInputFilter.doFilter(HttpServer.java:816)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
> at
> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> at
> org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
>
> 2012-02-01 21:08:56,691 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Roll Edit Log from
> 10.178.224.109
> 2012-02-01 21:08:56,804 WARN org.mortbay.log: /getimage:
> java.io.IOException: GetImage failed. java.net.ConnectException: Connection
> refused
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.socketConnect(Native Method)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.doConnect(PlainSocketImpl.java:351)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connectToAddress(PlainSocketImpl.java:211)
> at java.net.PlainSocketImpl.connect(PlainSocketImpl.java:200)
> at java.net.SocksSocketImpl.connect(SocksSocketImpl.java:366)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:529)
> at java.net.Socket.connect(Socket.java:478)
> at sun.net.NetworkClient.doConnect(NetworkClient.java:163)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:394)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.openServer(HttpClient.java:529)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.<init>(HttpClient.java:233)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:306)
> at sun.net.www.http.HttpClient.New(HttpClient.java:323)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getNewHttpClient(HttpURLConnection.java:970)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.plainConnect(HttpURLConnection.java:911)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.connect(HttpURLConnection.java:836)
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1172)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:160)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:88)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:85)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:85)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet$1.run(GetImageServlet.java:70)
> at java.security.AccessController.doPrivileged(Native Method)
> at javax.security.auth.Subject.doAs(Subject.java:396)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.security.UserGroupInformation.doAs(UserGroupInformation.java:1059)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.GetImageServlet.doGet(GetImageServlet.java:70)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:707)
> at javax.servlet.http.HttpServlet.service(HttpServlet.java:820)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHolder.handle(ServletHolder.java:511)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1221)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.http.HttpServer$QuotingInputFilter.doFilter(HttpServer.java:816)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler$CachedChain.doFilter(ServletHandler.java:1212)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.ServletHandler.handle(ServletHandler.java:399)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.security.SecurityHandler.handle(SecurityHandler.java:216)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.servlet.SessionHandler.handle(SessionHandler.java:182)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandler.handle(ContextHandler.java:766)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.webapp.WebAppContext.handle(WebAppContext.java:450)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.handler.ContextHandlerCollection.handle(ContextHandlerCollection.java:230)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.handler.HandlerWrapper.handle(HandlerWrapper.java:152)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.Server.handle(Server.java:326)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handleRequest(HttpConnection.java:542)
> at
> org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection$RequestHandler.headerComplete(HttpConnection.java:928)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseNext(HttpParser.java:549)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpParser.parseAvailable(HttpParser.java:212)
> at org.mortbay.jetty.HttpConnection.handle(HttpConnection.java:404)
> at
> org.mortbay.io.nio.SelectChannelEndPoint.run(SelectChannelEndPoint.java:410)
> at
> org.mortbay.thread.QueuedThreadPool$PoolThread.run(QueuedThreadPool.java:582)
>
>
> From 2NN:
>
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,634 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of transactions:
> 0 Total time for transactions(ms): 0Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
> 0 Number of syncs: 0 SyncTimes(ms): 0
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,652 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Downloaded file
> fsimage size 112 bytes.
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,654 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Downloaded file
> edits size 4 bytes.
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,655 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: VM type
> = 64-bit
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,655 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: 2% max memory
> = 17.77875 MB
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,655 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: capacity
>  = 2^21 = 2097152 entries
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,655 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet:
> recommended=2097152, actual=2097152
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: fsOwner=hduser
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: supergroup=supergroup
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> isPermissionEnabled=true
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> dfs.block.invalidate.limit=100
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> isAccessTokenEnabled=false accessKeyUpdateInterval=0 min(s),
> accessTokenLifetime=0 min(s)
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,658 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Caching file names occuring
> more than 10 times
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,700 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Number of files = 1
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,700 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Number of files under construction = 0
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,718 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Edits file /app/hadoop/tmp/dfs/namesecondary/current/edits of size 4 edits #
> 0 loaded in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,719 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of transactions:
> 0 Total time for transactions(ms): 0Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
> 0 Number of syncs: 0 SyncTimes(ms): 0
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,723 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Image file of size 112 saved in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,733 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Image file of size 112 saved in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,739 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Posted URL
> master:50070putimage=1&port=50090&machine=0.0.0.0&token=-31:1318804155:0:1328129935000:1328129628242
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,749 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Exception in
> doCheckpoint:
> 2012-02-01 21:03:58,749 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> http://master:50070/getimage?putimage=1&port=50090&machine=0.0.0.0&token=-31:1318804155:0:1328129935000:1328129628242
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1434)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:160)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.putFSImage(SecondaryNameNode.java:377)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doCheckpoint(SecondaryNameNode.java:418)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doWork(SecondaryNameNode.java:312)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.run(SecondaryNameNode.java:275)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,754 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of transactions:
> 0 Total time for transactions(ms): 0Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
> 0 Number of syncs: 0 SyncTimes(ms): 0
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,765 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Downloaded file
> fsimage size 112 bytes.
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,772 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Downloaded file
> edits size 4 bytes.
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,772 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: VM type
> = 64-bit
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,772 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: 2% max memory
> = 17.77875 MB
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,772 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet: capacity
>  = 2^21 = 2097152 entries
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,772 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.util.GSet:
> recommended=2097152, actual=2097152
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,775 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: fsOwner=hduser
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,775 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: supergroup=supergroup
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,775 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> isPermissionEnabled=true
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,776 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> dfs.block.invalidate.limit=100
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,776 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem:
> isAccessTokenEnabled=false accessKeyUpdateInterval=0 min(s),
> accessTokenLifetime=0 min(s)
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,776 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.NameNode: Caching file names occuring
> more than 10 times
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,776 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Number of files = 1
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,777 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Number of files under construction = 0
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,777 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Edits file /app/hadoop/tmp/dfs/namesecondary/current/edits of size 4 edits #
> 0 loaded in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,777 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: Number of transactions:
> 0 Total time for transactions(ms): 0Number of transactions batched in Syncs:
> 0 Number of syncs: 0 SyncTimes(ms): 0
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,781 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Image file of size 112 saved in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,789 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.common.Storage:
> Image file of size 112 saved in 0 seconds.
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,838 INFO
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Posted URL
> master:50070putimage=1&port=50090&machine=0.0.0.0&token=-31:1318804155:0:1328129935000:1328129628242
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,872 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode: Exception in
> doCheckpoint:
> 2012-02-01 21:08:58,872 ERROR
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode:
> java.io.FileNotFoundException:
> http://master:50070/getimage?putimage=1&port=50090&machine=0.0.0.0&token=-31:1318804155:0:1328129935000:1328129628242
> at
> sun.net.www.protocol.http.HttpURLConnection.getInputStream(HttpURLConnection.java:1434)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.TransferFsImage.getFileClient(TransferFsImage.java:160)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.putFSImage(SecondaryNameNode.java:377)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doCheckpoint(SecondaryNameNode.java:418)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.doWork(SecondaryNameNode.java:312)
> at
> org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.SecondaryNameNode.run(SecondaryNameNode.java:275)
> at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:662)
>



-- 
Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer
Cloudera | http://tiny.cloudera.com/about

Mime
View raw message