hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: (Hadoop-1.0.0)Correction required in Webhdfs url for creating a directory.
Date Wed, 01 Feb 2012 13:24:25 GMT
Stuti,

Thanks for reporting this! I went ahead and filed
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-2869 for correcting this.
In future, for all valid bugs or issues you want to report for HDFS,
please file a JIRA at the https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS
issue tracker page.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 5:47 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> I have tried the webhdfs functionality of Hadoop-1.0.0 and it is working fine.
> Just a small change is required in the documentation :
>
> Make a Directory declaration in documentation:
> curl -i -X PUT "http://<HOST>:<PORT>/<PATH>?op=MKDIRS[&permission=<OCTAL>]"
>
> Gives following error :
> HTTP/1.1 405 HTTP method PUT is not supported by this URL
> Server: Jetty(6.1.26)
>
> Correction Required : This works for me
> curl -i -X PUT "http://<host>:<port>/webhdfs/v1/<PATH>?op=MKDIRS"
>
> Thanks
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its affiliates. Any views
or opinions presented in
> this email are solely those of the author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions
of HCL or its affiliates.
> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure, modification, distribution
and / or publication of
> this message without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is strictly
prohibited. If you have
> received this email in error please delete it and notify the sender immediately. Before
opening any mail and

Harsh J
Customer Ops. Engineer