hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Geoffry Roberts <geoffry.robe...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Hadoop 1.0 and WebHDFS
Date Thu, 02 Feb 2012 17:48:01 GMT
Thanks for the quick response.

Here's a snippet from my hdfs.site.xml file.

    <name>dfs.http.address</name>
    <value>qq000:50070</value>

qq000 is my name node. Is this correct?

I have also noticed that my name node is crashing.  It says my hdfs is in a
inconsistent state. I guess I'll have to (shudder) rebuild it.

The complete contents of hdfs.site.xml is below.

<configuration>
<property>
  <name>dfs.replication</name>
  <value>3</value>
  <description>Default block replication.
  The actual number of replications can be specified when the file is
created.
  The default is used if replication is not specified in create time.
  </description>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.name.dir</name>
  <value>file:///hdfs/name</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.data.dir</name>
  <value>file:///hdfs/data</value>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.hosts</name>
  <value>includes</value>
  <final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.hosts.exclude</name>
  <value>excludes</value>
  <final>true</final>
</property>
<property>
  <name>dfs.webhdfs.enabled</name>
  <value>true</value>
</property>
<property>
    <name>dfs.http.address</name>
    <value>qq000:50070</value>
    <description>The name of the default file system.  Either the
       literal string "local" or a host:port for NDFS.
    </description>
    <final>true</final>
</property>
</configuration>