hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject facing issues in HDFSProxy
Date Wed, 15 Feb 2012 12:22:33 GMT
Hi,
I am using Hadoop 1.0.0 and want to try HDFSProxy . Following:
http://hadoop.apache.org/hdfs/docs/r0.21.0/hdfsproxy.html#Jetty-based+Installation+and+Configuration

When I run start-hdfsproxy.sh script I get following error in logs :
2012-02-15 17:32:02,676 INFO org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy: HDFS NameNode is at: namenode:54310
2012-02-15 17:32:02,677 ERROR org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy: java.lang.NullPointerException
       at java.util.Hashtable.put(Hashtable.java:411)
       at java.util.Properties.setProperty(Properties.java:160)
       at org.apache.hadoop.conf.Configuration.set(Configuration.java:437)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy.initialize(HdfsProxy.java:63)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy.<init>(HdfsProxy.java:44)
       at org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy.createHdfsProxy(HdfsProxy.java:135)
at org.apache.hadoop.hdfsproxy.HdfsProxy.main(HdfsProxy.java:142)

After googling around I got this Jira "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-5432"
Should I apply this patch to fix the issue ?

Please suggest

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd