hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Koji Noguchi <knogu...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: namenode grows overtime
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 19:57:04 GMT
Felix, if no options are specified, then I think what Harsh said makes most sense.

Koji

===============
> Felix,
>
> Are you noticing this from the NN Web UI or from proper JVM monitoring
> tools? Just so you know, the UI had a flaw that has since been fixed:
> --
> Harsh J
> Customer Ops. Engineer, Cloudera

On 1/20/12 1:25 AM, "Uma Maheswara Rao G" <maheswara@huawei.com> wrote:

Can you please check in UI, what is the heap usage. Then we can confirm whether java heap
is growing or not.

top will consider native memory usage also and nio uses directByteBuffers internally.

This is good write up from Jonathan https://groups.google.com/group/asynchbase/browse_thread/thread/c45bc7ba788b2357

Regards,

Uma