hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Why total node just 1
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 09:19:31 GMT
Martinus,

High-Availability NameNode is being worked upon and an initial version
will be out soon. Check out the
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-1623 JIRA for its
state/discussions.

You can also clone the Hadoop repo and switch to branch 'HDFS-1623' to
give it a whirl, although it is still being worked upon presently.

For now, we recommend using multiple ${dfs.name.dir} directories
(across mounts), preferably one of them being a reliable-enough NFS
point.

--
Harsh J