hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Koert Kuipers <ko...@tresata.com>
Subject Re: encryption
Date Fri, 20 Jan 2012 23:55:48 GMT
agreed.

many forms of data require encryption to be stored on any system. i do know
now the exact motivation(s) for that, but i do know we have to conform to
this.

my assumption was that i want to protect against access to the data by
someone stealing the harddrives or the servers. so physical access. it
seems to me that there are better ways to protect agains digital access
(firewall in front of cluster). but then again, i do now know much about
this at all so i could completely off.