hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "M. C. Srivas" <mcsri...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: File edit in Hadoop
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 03:52:51 GMT
On Tue, Jan 3, 2012 at 4:01 PM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> Stuti - it's best to stick to questions about Apache Hadoop on
> *@hadoop.apache.org lists. The Apache Hadoop mailing lists exist to help
> users and developers of Apache Hadoop.
>
> For vendor specific questions use vendor specific lists  and rely on your
> own homework - Srivas has very little incentive to point out MapR doesn't
> support end-to-end security and so on, not completely unexpected.

I think Stuti's question was about editing files ... and not security.

Arun,

this is an open forum, and if questions come up about  CDH or MapR  (or
Hortonworks) or any other vendor's software or anyone's research that does
similar things as Apache Hadoop, it is quite fair to discuss it here.
Instead of trying to curtail such conversations, feel free to point out
advantages and disadvantages of any such work ... we will all benefit.

Let's also be honest ---   just like MapR or HCL or any other company
that's out there,  Hortonworks and Cloudera are in this to make serious
profits for their investors and shareholders.