hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Zizon Qiu <zzd...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: when does hdfs start to fix under-replication of a block?
Date Sun, 08 Jan 2012 06:17:53 GMT
You may achieve this by setting a large "heartbeat.recheck.interval" to
prevent it from being marked as dead,but this is not recommended.

Just take the datanode down,do whatever your want and bring it back.
When successfully heartbeated , the FSNamesystem will recognize the those
missing blocks had back.