hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Michael Lok <fula...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: no namenode
Date Thu, 19 Jan 2012 02:17:47 GMT
Hi Martinus,

While you can run the two instances of Hadoop on the same machine,
you'll need to reconfigure the listening ports for MR/HDFS and the
webapps to run on different ports.

The easier way to Hadoop as a different user is:

- stop current Hadoop instance
- su as the intended user
- re-install Hadoop and reformat a namenode under the same user.

I've tried to perform chown to my existing Hadoop installation.  It
had some permission problems; but didn't really bother to troubleshoot
as I didn't have data in the data nodes.  So I did a fresh install
like above.

Thanks.

On Thu, Jan 19, 2012 at 10:06 AM, Martinus Martinus
<martinus787@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi Mohamed,
>
> Thanks for your suggestion, but how do we moved the ownership of our hadoop
> installation from root to another user account? and can we install two
> different versions of hadoop on the same machine?
>
> Thanks.
>

> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 8:30 PM, Mohamed Elsayed
> <mohammed.elsayyed@bibalex.org> wrote:
>>
>> Run hadoop using Martinus account, not root account. It will work well
>> with you. If there is anything wrong with you, don't hesitate to write it
>> here. Thank you.
>>
>> Mohamed Elsayed
>> Bibliotheca Alexandrina
>>

>> On 01/18/2012 01:16 PM, Martinus Martinus wrote:
>>
>> Hi Mohamed,
>>
>> Please find attached the namenode log.
>>
>> Thanks.
>>
>> On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:02 PM, Mohamed Elsayed
>> <mohammed.elsayyed@bibalex.org> wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Martinus,
>>>
>>> Do you think you could attach namenode's log file to find out where is
>>> the problem? Thank you.
>>>
>>> Mohamed Elsayed
>>> Bibliotheca Alexandrina
>>>

>>> On 01/18/2012 11:14 AM, Martinus Martinus wrote:
>>>
>>> Hi Mohamed,
>>>
>>> Thanks for your explanation. I still have the same problem as before. do
>>> you have any other suggestion?
>>>
>>> Thanks.

But

But