hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Apply ACL on file level in Hadoop Cluster
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 13:04:19 GMT
HDFS only supports Unix style read, write execute permissions. What
style of ACLs do you want to apply?

-Joey

On Wed, Jan 18, 2012 at 7:55 AM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Thanks Alex,
> Yes, I wanted to apply ACL's on every file/directory created on HDFS. Is there absolutely
no way to achieve that either by conf files or on mounted drive ??

know only Accumulo (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AccumuloProposal) which is supporting
that.

> - Alex
>
> --
> Alexander Lorenz
> http://mapredit.blogspot.com
>
> On Jan 18, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>> I wanted to apply ACL on per file level in Hadoop Cluster i.e. I want to apply ACL's
on every file which is present in Hadoop Cluster.
>> I tried mounting HDFS using fuse_dfs , that works fine. Now HDFS is a
>> mounted drive I thought it is easy to apply ACL as we do on normal
>> directory in Linux but I was wrong. I think FUSE does not support ACL
>>
>> How can I achieve that? It can work any way for me either by configuration file setting
or applying ACL on mounted drive.

>> Regards,
>> Stuti Awasthi
>>
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.

Joseph Echeverria
Cloudera, Inc.
443.305.9434