hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Todd Lipcon <t...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: File edit in Hadoop
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 17:40:46 GMT
On Wed, Jan 4, 2012 at 9:28 AM, Arun C Murthy <acm@hortonworks.com> wrote:
> Other than these technical discussions, I don't see why ASF lists should be
> used to discuss or market products of _any_ vendor for several good reasons:
> # ASF developer community cannot help users of vendor-specific products for
> obvious reasons.
> # It could also lead to vendors spreading FUD about the ASF project while
> downplaying the deficiencies of their products for their own gain.
> Of course, feel free to point this out to others yourself.

+1. If you see me or another Cloudera employee hawking our commercial
products on-list, feel free to point it out. Occasionally a user
brings up CDH, which is Apache licensed and based on the ASF source
and patches available in ASF. I'll answer those questions generally
with pointers back to the ASF-hosted JIRA instance. But you won't find
me trying to sell our paid/closed-source software here.

Todd Lipcon
Software Engineer, Cloudera

View raw message