hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Apurv Verma <dapu...@gmail.com>
Subject HDFS Problems
Date Tue, 10 Jan 2012 16:13:53 GMT
Hii,

I was playing around with hadoop. The command line hdfs tools seem to work fine.

When I ran a sample program to interact with hdfs in Java using
eclipse. The commands ceased working at the command line properly. It
appears as though Eclipse acquires some kind of lock which is held
even after eclipse closes. Is there some way round this problem.

I also noticed that when I start eclipse on running jps I fail to see
the Datanode running.

I formatted everything and reinstalled everything. Command line tools
came back to normal but as soon as I rerun the program in eclipse the
command line commands refuse to work properly.

My dfs.replication is 1
My hadoop.tmp.dir is /home/apurv/fs

thanks and regards,

Apurv Verma