hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Hamed Ghavamnia <ghavamni...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: hbase Multi Node Setup
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 05:25:48 GMT
To TS.chia,
Thanks, but that's for running a hadoop cluster on multiple nodes, which
isn't the problem, I've already got that running, I want to know how to run
HBase on that multi-node cluster.

To Alexander,
Thanks, I checked them out. I'm really having a hard time understanding the
relation between zookeeper and hbase, and how to configure the region
servers and the master. My actual question is, which configs should be done
on the master and which on the slaves. For example for hdfs, we would set
the namenode for all the datanodes in the hdfs-site.xml file, but hbase
doesn't seem to have something like that. Where is the master run, does the
master automatically run on the system which I run bin/hbase-start.sh?
On my simple test I'm running, I have a regionserver on one of my machines
(slave_two), and the zookeeper on another (slave_one), and I run
bin/start-hbase.sh on my hdfs datanode (master).
When I start hbase on the master, it starts the zookeeper successfully, it
can start the regionserver as well, but for the master it says the master
is already running, but I've stopped hbase on all of the machines (with
/etc/init.d/hadoop-hbase-master stop).