hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Mounting HDFS
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:20:36 GMT
Stuti,

What's your platform - 32-bits or 64-bits? Which one have you built libhdfs for?

What's the output of the following?
$ file `which fuse_dfs`

FWIW, the most hassle free way to do these things today is to use proper packages available
for your platform, instead of compiling it by yourself. Just a suggestion.

On 04-Jan-2012, at 4:28 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am following http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS for HDFS mount.
> I have successfully followed the steps till "Installing" and I am able mount it properly.
After that I am trying with "Deploying" step and followed the steps:

> 1. add the following to /etc/fstab
> fuse_dfs#dfs://hadoop_server.foo.com:9000 /export/hdfs fuse -oallow_other,rw,-ousetrash
0 0

> 2. added fuse_dfs to /sbin
>
> 3. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HADOOP_HOME/build/libhdfs
>
> 4. Mount using: mount /export/hdfs.
>
> But getting error :
> fuse_dfs: error while loading shared libraries : libhdfs.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory.