hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Apply ACL on file level in Hadoop Cluster
Date Wed, 18 Jan 2012 12:55:12 GMT
Thanks Alex,
Yes, I wanted to apply ACL's on every file/directory created on HDFS. Is there absolutely
no way to achieve that either by conf files or on mounted drive ??

-----Original Message-----
From: alo alt [mailto:wget.null@googlemail.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 18, 2012 6:13 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Apply ACL on file level in Hadoop Cluster

Stuti,

HDFS does not support ACL's, I assume you mean ACL per file / directory / dataset? I know
only Accumulo (http://wiki.apache.org/incubator/AccumuloProposal) which is supporting that.

- Alex

--
Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Jan 18, 2012, at 1:25 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi All,
> I wanted to apply ACL on per file level in Hadoop Cluster i.e. I want to apply ACL's
on every file which is present in Hadoop Cluster.
> I tried mounting HDFS using fuse_dfs , that works fine. Now HDFS is a
> mounted drive I thought it is easy to apply ACL as we do on normal
> directory in Linux but I was wrong. I think FUSE does not support ACL
>
> How can I achieve that? It can work any way for me either by configuration file setting
or applying ACL on mounted drive.

> Regards,
> Stuti Awasthi
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.