hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Mounting HDFS
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:38:31 GMT
Hi Harsh,

Currently I am using 32 bit Ubuntu11.10, Hadoop 0.20.2

Output of : $ which fuse_dfs
/sbin/fuse_dfs

I searched on net and I got this url "http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS"
How can I get hdfs fuse deb or rpm packages ?? Thanks for pointing this, can you please guide
me more on this .

Thanks

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 4:51 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mounting HDFS

Stuti,

What's your platform - 32-bits or 64-bits? Which one have you built libhdfs for?

What's the output of the following?
$ file `which fuse_dfs`

FWIW, the most hassle free way to do these things today is to use proper packages available
for your platform, instead of compiling it by yourself. Just a suggestion.

On 04-Jan-2012, at 4:28 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I am following http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS for HDFS mount.
> I have successfully followed the steps till "Installing" and I am able mount it properly.
After that I am trying with "Deploying" step and followed the steps:

> 1. add the following to /etc/fstab
> fuse_dfs#dfs://hadoop_server.foo.com:9000 /export/hdfs fuse
> -oallow_other,rw,-ousetrash 0 0
>
> 2. added fuse_dfs to /sbin
>
> 3. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HADOOP_HOME/build/libhdfs
>
> 4. Mount using: mount /export/hdfs.
>
> But getting error :
> fuse_dfs: error while loading shared libraries : libhdfs.so.0: cannot open shared object
file: No such file or directory.

> How to fix this ?
>
> Thanks
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.