hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Mounting HDFS
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 11:54:17 GMT
Harsh,

Output of $file `which fuse_dfs`

/sbin/fuse_dfs: ELF 32-bit LSB executable, Intel 80386, version 1 (SYSV), dynamically linked
(uses shared libs), for GNU/Linux 2.6.15, not stripped

Same output for $ file /sbin/fuse_dfs

Thanks
From: Harsh J [harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Wednesday, January 04, 2012 5:18 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Mounting HDFS

Stuti,

My original command was "file `which fuse_dfs`", and not just the which command.

Can you run "file /sbin/fuse_dfs"? You need the utility called 'file' available (its mostly
present).

On 04-Jan-2012, at 5:08 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi Harsh,
>
> Currently I am using 32 bit Ubuntu11.10, Hadoop 0.20.2
>
> Output of : $ which fuse_dfs
> /sbin/fuse_dfs
>
> I searched on net and I got this url "http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS"
> How can I get hdfs fuse deb or rpm packages ?? Thanks for pointing this, can you please
guide me more on this .

> Thanks

for your platform, instead of compiling it by yourself. Just a suggestion.

> On 04-Jan-2012, at 4:28 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I am following http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/MountableHDFS for HDFS mount.
>> I have successfully followed the steps till "Installing" and I am able mount it properly.
After that I am trying with "Deploying" step and followed the steps:

>> 1. add the following to /etc/fstab
>> fuse_dfs#dfs://hadoop_server.foo.com:9000 /export/hdfs fuse
>> -oallow_other,rw,-ousetrash 0 0
>>
>> 2. added fuse_dfs to /sbin
>>
>> 3. export LD_LIBRARY_PATH=$LD_LIBRARY_PATH:$HADOOP_HOME/build/libhdfs
>>
>> 4. Mount using: mount /export/hdfs.
>>
>> But getting error :
>> fuse_dfs: error while loading shared libraries : libhdfs.so.0: cannot open shared
object file: No such file or directory.

>> How to fix this ?
>>
>> Thanks
>>
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.