hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Arun C Murthy <...@hortonworks.com>
Subject Re: File edit in Hadoop
Date Wed, 04 Jan 2012 00:01:11 GMT
Stuti - it's best to stick to questions about Apache Hadoop on *@hadoop.apache.org lists. The
Apache Hadoop mailing lists exist to help users and developers of Apache Hadoop.

For vendor specific questions use vendor specific lists  and rely on your own homework - Srivas
has very little incentive to point out MapR doesn't support end-to-end security and so on,
not completely unexpected.

Arun

On Jan 3, 2012, at 4:11 AM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi all,
>
> Wish you all a very Happy New Year.
>
> As I know that files once written in Hadoop are immutable. I can’t edit the files in
Apache distribution of Hadoop.