hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Joey Echeverria <j...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Re : Custom web app
Date Wed, 11 Jan 2012 11:14:16 GMT
Take a look at Hue, it a web app that does exactly what you're talking about. It uses a combination
of RPC calls and other public APIs as well as a custom plugin that adds additional APIs via
thrift.

Hue can be deployed on any node and is mostly written in Python.

-Joey

On Jan 11, 2012, at 2:32, Michael Lok <fulat2k@gmail.com> wrote:

> Hi Franck,
>
> Thanks for the info.  However, I'm looking at decoupling this app from the embedded Jetty
in Hadoop.  Ideally, it should be deployed in a separate server as the NameNode.  Is this
possible?

> On Wed, Jan 11, 2012 at 3:23 PM, Franck Besnard <besn0847@yahoo.com> wrote:
> Hello
> Yes this is quite trivial and for example ibm did that in their big insights flavor of
hadoop
> The hadoop alrzady has quite a lot of instrumentation regarding monitoring and you can
extend the embedded jetty to add more features.