hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Alexander Lorenz <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: hbase Multi Node Setup
Date Tue, 03 Jan 2012 03:49:31 GMT
Hi,

here two links for:
http://wiki.apache.org/hadoop/Hbase/10Minutes
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/HBase+Installation

Install hbase and zookeeper, edit the configs (for single or multinode), pro host a unique
ID (myid) for zookeeper, start zookeeper on all nodes as hbase too. Don't forget to identify
your servers as master and slaves in hbase-site.xml and setup a path in hdfs (/hbase) as example.
Use this path in your config.
If the server does not start check the logs for errors.

For testing I setup a image with 4 servers, you can download it here: http://mapredit.blogspot.com/p/all-in-one-hadoop-multi-node-appliance.html

 - Alex

Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

On Jan 2, 2012, at 5:07 AM, Hamed Ghavamnia <ghavamnia.h@gmail.com> wrote:

> I've checked that out, but I don't understand what changes should be made to the config
files on the hbase-master and the region servers. I've added my region servers(which are the
same as my datanodes in hdfs) to the regionservers file, and I've changed the hbase-site.xml
configuration file, but the hbase master web UI doesn't show any region servers.

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 4:02 PM, Sudharsan Sampath <sudhan65@gmail.com> wrote:
> If you are just looking for just steps The HBase Definitive Guide does a decent brief.
I am not sure of any automated tools handy though creating one based on the steps is straight
forward

> -Sudhan S
>

> On Mon, Jan 2, 2012 at 5:52 PM, Hamed Ghavamnia <ghavamnia.h@gmail.com> wrote:
> Hi,
> Does anyone have a link for a good tutorial regarding how to setup a fully distributed
hbase on top of a multi-node hadoop cluster?