hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From alo alt <wget.n...@googlemail.com>
Subject Re: Copying file is not working properly via fuse-dfs
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:17:34 GMT
Stuti,

as which user do you copy the file? And how do you mount hdfs? Linux? Windows?

- Alex

On Fri, Dec 16, 2011 at 12:14 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi Joey,
>
> Well once I rectified the issue, it was not more than few secs(5sec or so ) that some
KB of video file was copied via fuse-dfs.

semantics of close in fuse and not easily fixed in fuse-dfs. In a minute or so though the
copy should have the right size.

> -Joey
>
> On Dec 16, 2011, at 1:55, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
>
>> Hi All,
>>
>> I installed and configured fuse-dfs properly with hadoop-0.20.2 and able to mount
the hdfs properly.
>> Now if I try to copy some txt file, then file is getting copied but with 0 bytes
i.e. contents are not getting saved of the file.
>> Similarly if I try to copy video file then file is not getting copied.
>>
>> Does fuse-dfs does not support file operations, and if it doesnt then what is the
use of mounting hdfs to drive.

>> Please help
>> Stuti
>>
>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.

Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

P Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you
really need to.