hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: HDFS on EMR weird.
Date Tue, 06 Dec 2011 12:40:40 GMT
Ayon,

Do not think that is a bug. It is merely confused at the URL you provided it. The 'dfs' carries
a FS object that was initialized with the hostname string, while you tried to provide it an
IP which it promptly rejected (it does not resolve).

The 'fs' is generic in nature and attempts to create new FS objects from a given URL, and
hence did not know of the hostname from your configuration.

On 06-Dec-2011, at 10:59 AM, Ayon Sinha wrote:

> This is on a EMR cluster.
>
> This does not work!
> hadoop@ip-10-34-7-51:~$ hadoop dfs -mkdir hdfs://10.34.7.51:9000/user/foobar
> mkdir: This file system object (hdfs://ip-10-34-7-51.ec2.internal:9000) does not support
access to the request path 'hdfs://10.34.7.51:9000/user/foobar' You possibly called FileSystem.get(conf)
when you should have called FileSystem.get(uri, conf) to obtain a file system supporting your
path.