hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Copying file is not working properly via fuse-dfs
Date Fri, 16 Dec 2011 11:14:46 GMT
Hi Joey,

Well once I rectified the issue, it was not more than few secs(5sec or so ) that some KB of
video file was copied via fuse-dfs.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joey Echeverria [mailto:joey@cloudera.com]
Sent: Friday, December 16, 2011 3:43 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Copying file is not working properly via fuse-dfs

How long did you wait after copying? I've seen this behavior before and it's due to the semantics
of close in fuse and not easily fixed in fuse-dfs. In a minute or so though the copy should
have the right size.

-Joey

On Dec 16, 2011, at 1:55, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:

> Hi All,
>
> I installed and configured fuse-dfs properly with hadoop-0.20.2 and able to mount the
hdfs properly.
> Now if I try to copy some txt file, then file is getting copied but with 0 bytes i.e.
contents are not getting saved of the file.
> Similarly if I try to copy video file then file is not getting copied.
>
> Does fuse-dfs does not support file operations, and if it doesnt then what is the use
of mounting hdfs to drive.

> Please help
> Stuti
>
> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.