hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Petru Dimulescu <petru.dimule...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: connect to hdfs as arbitrary user
Date Fri, 02 Dec 2011 10:00:23 GMT
Thank you. Indeed, it's about creating a Filesystem client, using

UserGroupInformation ugi.doAs( ....

instead of the plain .get(conf) call.

the problem is how you get the ugi. You can do, as discussed in that url :

which creates some kind of stacked identity, the current user being the
fallback identity. You also need to configure HDFS to allow the "current
user" to act as a super-user and change identity.

As for myself I settled to using the
UserGroupInformation.createRemoteUser(String) which just creates a user
with no credentials and works.

On 11/29/2011 01:41 PM, Harsh J wrote:
> Petru,
> Take a look at this conversation that came up some time ago: http://search-hadoop.com/m/BspSb2Wf38t
> On 29-Nov-2011, at 5:24 PM, Petru Dimulescu wrote:
>> Hello,
>> I would like to connect to hdfs as another user than my unix login. How can I do
>> I am most intersted how can I change the current user programmatically at DFSClient
level; but if there are any command-line options i am interested too, I will take a look at
the code that implements them.
>> Thanks
>> Petru

View raw message