hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Chris Shain <ch...@tresata.com>
Subject Re: Moving data into HDFS
Date Tue, 22 Nov 2011 19:37:38 GMT
You can use the linux command hadoop fs -put to push files from local
filesystem, and -get to retrieve files

These work fine for single files or one-offs- if you need to write larger
volumes, or concatenate files, or want a higher degree of durability, you
might want to look at something like Flume (
https://github.com/cloudera/flume/wiki) or some of the vendor solutions
like MapR's.

On Tue, Nov 22, 2011 at 2:28 PM, Steve Ed <sedison70@gmail.com> wrote:

> Sorry for this novice question. I am trying to find the best way of moving
> (Copying) data in and out of HDFS.  There are bunch of tools available and
> need to pick the one which offers the easiest way. I have seen MapR
> presentation, who claim to offer direct NFS mounts to feed data into HDFS.
> Is there anything similar available for apache HDFS ?
> Thanks in advance

View raw message