hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Daryn Sharp <da...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: Symbolic Links in HDFS
Date Wed, 30 Nov 2011 15:03:26 GMT
Hi Stuti,

Unfortunately I do not know the answer to that question.  I'd suggest contacting the author
of the patches.

Daryn

On Nov 29, 2011, at 11:13 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:

> Hi Daryn,
> Thanks. I also wanted to know that is the patch " symlink41-hdfs" is the final patch
which I can apply in Hadoop?
> -Stuti

although adding the support is planned.

> Daryn
>

> On Nov 28, 2011, at 10:37 PM, Stuti Awasthi wrote:
>
>> HI all,
>> Any thoughts on this ??

I am using Hadoop 0.20.2.
>> Other thing I wanted to know that is this functionality is provided to fs shell i.e.
after I apply this patch, will I be able to create symbolic links via shell commands .

>> Thanks
>> StutiRegards,
>> Stuti Awasthi
>> HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd
>> F-8/9 Basement, Sec-3,Noida.
>>

>> ::DISCLAIMER::
>>
>> The contents of this e-mail and any attachment(s) are confidential and intended for
the named recipient(s) only.
>> It shall not attach any liability on the originator or HCL or its
>> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the
author and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
>> Any form of reproduction, dissemination, copying, disclosure,
>> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
>> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
>> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and
notify the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for
viruses and defect.