hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From David Robson <David.Rob...@quest.com>
Subject Binding NameNode to another address
Date Fri, 25 Nov 2011 04:59:03 GMT
Hi,

If I set the fs.default.name to hdfs://hostname.domain:8020 this will bind to the address
associated with that hostname. I have multiple network interfaces so would like it to bind
to 0.0.0.0.

It looks like the property dfs.namenode.rpc-address was intended to be used for this purpose
- but doesn't look like it was implemented.

I have changed the code as in the following patch (against the trunk) and it seems to fix
the issue but I'm not sure if this is OK. I also tried looking for JIRA entries but there
seem to be a lot related to this so wasn't sure if I should post this to one of them or create
a new one?

Can somebody please have a look at the patch and advise what I should do?

Thanks,

David