hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Best option for mounting HDFS
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 04:38:36 GMT
Hi Friends ,
Any thoughts on this ??

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuti Awasthi
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:51 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Best option for mounting HDFS

Hi all,

I was looking at various options available to mount HDFS on unix boxes. I found following
option on wiki page.
* contrib/fuse-dfs is built on fuse, some C glue, libhdfs and the hadoop-dev.jar

* fuse-j-hdfs is built on fuse, fuse for java, and the hadoop-dev.jar

* hdfs-fuse - a google code project is very similar to contrib/fuse-dfs

* webdav - hdfs exposed as a webdav resource

* mapR - contains a closed source hdfs compatible file system that supports read/write NFS

I tried webdav but then its integration problem with LDAP. In my scenario I wanted to mount
HDFS and apply LDAP authentication over that mount point.
I wanted to know out of the above , which will work best for this scenario.
Please Suggest

recipient(s) only.
opinions presented in
HCL or its affiliates.