hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Symbolic Links in HDFS
Date Tue, 29 Nov 2011 04:37:11 GMT
HI all,
Any thoughts on this ??

-----Original Message-----
From: Stuti Awasthi
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 2:45 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Symbolic Links in HDFS

Hi Friends,
I wanted to use symbolic links in HDFS for my application. I found "https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HDFS-245"
in Jira for symbolic links.

I wanted to know that should I apply "symlink41-hdfs" patch in Hadoop. Currently I am using
Hadoop 0.20.2.
Other thing I wanted to know that is this functionality is provided to fs shell i.e. after
I apply this patch, will I be able to create symbolic links via shell commands .

Thanks
StutiRegards,
Stuti Awasthi
HCL Comnet Systems and Services Ltd