hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Hadoop Security
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 10:26:24 GMT
Thanks Alexander for this info.
Currently I am using Apache Hadoop version 0.20.2 and not cloudera’s Hadoop version. I read
that Apache Hadoop 0.20.205 supports Security. Any thoughts on that.
Since currently I am using Apache Hadoop and quite familiar with it so I would like to use
it some more before using CDH.

From: Alexander C.H. Lorenz [mailto:wget.null@googlemail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 3:25 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Hadoop Security

HI,

1. yes:
https://ccp.cloudera.com/display/CDHDOC/Configuring+Hadoop+Security+in+CDH3
http://hortonworks.com/the-role-of-delegation-tokens-in-apache-hadoop-security/

2. yes
http://mapredit.blogspot.com/2011/10/secure-your-hadoop-cluster-part-i.html

3. at the moment hdfs has no encryption engine, so far I know.

best,
 Alex

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 10:44 AM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
Hi ,

I wanted to know about the security in Hadoop. I have read few articles but not very sure
about this so I wanted to discuss this topic in forum.
As we know that Hadoop provide its security using Filesystem permissions like chown, chmod
etc.

1. Is Kerberos or any security algo is implemented in the code so that we can authenticate
or authorize Hadoop.?
2. Can we use LDAP for authentication and Authorization in Hadoop
3. Is any kind of encryption is handled in hadoop at the time of storing the files in HDFS.

Can anyone please provide me some good links to read on Hadoop Security

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.
opinions presented in
HCL or its affiliates.
/ or publication of
If you have
any mail and

Alexander Lorenz
http://mapredit.blogspot.com

Think of the environment: please don't print this email unless you really need to.