hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Hadoop Security
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:44:28 GMT
Hi ,

I wanted to know about the security in Hadoop. I have read few articles but not very sure
about this so I wanted to discuss this topic in forum.
As we know that Hadoop provide its security using Filesystem permissions like chown, chmod
etc.

1. Is Kerberos or any security algo is implemented in the code so that we can authenticate
or authorize Hadoop.?
2. Can we use LDAP for authentication and Authorization in Hadoop
3. Is any kind of encryption is handled in hadoop at the time of storing the files in HDFS.

Can anyone please provide me some good links to read on Hadoop Security

Regards,
Stuti Awasthi

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.