hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Best option for mounting HDFS
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 09:21:14 GMT
Hi all,

I was looking at various options available to mount HDFS on unix boxes. I found following
option on wiki page.
* contrib/fuse-dfs is built on fuse, some C glue, libhdfs and the hadoop-dev.jar
* fuse-j-hdfs is built on fuse, fuse for java, and the hadoop-dev.jar
* hdfs-fuse - a google code project is very similar to contrib/fuse-dfs
* webdav - hdfs exposed as a webdav resource
* mapR - contains a closed source hdfs compatible file system that supports read/write NFS
access

I tried webdav but then its integration problem with LDAP. In my scenario I wanted to mount
HDFS and apply LDAP authentication over that mount point.
I wanted to know out of the above , which will work best for this scenario.
Please Suggest

Stuti

::DISCLAIMER::

recipient(s) only.