hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Version control of files present in HDFS
Date Mon, 21 Nov 2011 09:58:07 GMT
Do we have any support from GIT or SVN to attain that ?

-----Original Message-----
From: Harsh J [mailto:harsh@cloudera.com]
Sent: Monday, November 21, 2011 3:23 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Version control of files present in HDFS

HDFS is merely a filesystem today. You'll need to write your own versioning layer on top of
it if you need such a functionality.

On Mon, Nov 21, 2011 at 2:52 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com> wrote:
> Hi All,
> I want to provide version control for documents which I keep in HDFS. What I can do to
attain this. Any ideas ?

> Regards,
> Stuti Awasthi
>

> ::DISCLAIMER::

named recipient(s) only.
> affiliates. Any views or opinions presented in this email are solely those of the author
and may not necessarily reflect the opinions of HCL or its affiliates.
> modification, distribution and / or publication of this message
> without the prior written consent of the author of this e-mail is
> strictly prohibited. If you have received this email in error please delete it and notify
the sender immediately. Before opening any mail and attachments please check them for viruses
and defect.

Harsh J