hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Uma Maheswara Rao G <mahesw...@huawei.com>
Subject RE: how to find data nodes on which a file is distributed to?
Date Mon, 28 Nov 2011 16:59:53 GMT
>From Java API,  FileSystem#getFileBlockLocations should give you the blocklocations.

Regards,
Uma
________________________________
From: Praveen Sripati [praveensripati@gmail.com]
Sent: Monday, November 28, 2011 10:01 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: how to find data nodes on which a file is distributed to?

Go to the NameNode web UI (default port is 50070) and select 'Browse the filesystem' and drill
down to the file. At the bottom of the page the block report is shown. Or else 'hadoop fsck
/ -files -blocks -locations' from the CLI will also give the block report for all the files
in HDFS.

Thanks,
Praveen

On Mon, Nov 28, 2011 at 9:29 PM, CB <cbalways@gmail.com<mailto:cbalways@gmail.com>>