hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: FileSystem API for 0.19
Date Tue, 11 Oct 2011 02:34:49 GMT
Arko,

It helps if we know what "doesn't work" means, and if we can see
stacktraces [0], and what your steps were for execution that lead to
it 'not working'.

My best guess in the dark would be that you are not using the right
client jars when communicating with either of the HDFS servers. Due to
incompatible changes to the HDFS protocols used within, inter-version
talk between 0.19 and 0.20 isn't possible. You need a separate client
prepared for each.

Besides, why are you interested in using 0.19, as it is now unmaintained?

[0] - http://imgur.com/jacoj [J/K]

--
Harsh J