hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Robert Evans <ev...@yahoo-inc.com>
Subject Re: instantaneous small file uploads to HDFS
Date Wed, 19 Oct 2011 17:16:30 GMT
If the files are actually very small then it might be good to try and use HBASE.

--Bobby Evans

On 10/17/11 11:17 PM, "visioner sadak" <visioner.sadak@gmail.com> wrote:

Hello guys,

My client application requires a large number of small files/reports to be uploaded by users
at run time i mean a user can upload some files/reports today and some tommorow (any time
he can upload)..i was planning to use sequence file or HAR... for that but i am really confused
which is the best approach and how to go for it..i mean the client also needs to read the
files as well...it will be great if you could help me out with some suggestions..

Thanks and Regards