hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Time Less <timelessn...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: JMX Monitoring of DataNode?
Date Tue, 25 Oct 2011 23:35:06 GMT
In case anyone's interested, here's a bit more detail:

If I try to use JConsole to connect to $DataNodeIP:8000 (on which nothing is
listening,) I get this:
"Connection Failed: Connection Refused"

However, if I try to connect to the DataNode, which is listening on the port
8010 on $DataNodeIP, (netstat and ps both corroborate), I get this alternate
error:
"Connection Failed: Retry?
 The connection to $DataNodeIP:8010 did not succeed. Would you like to try
again?"

If I try to use VisualVM to connect to $DataNodeIP:8010, I get this:
"Cannot connect to $DataNodeIP:8010 using service: jmx:rmi:///jndi/rmi://
10.20.12.40:8010/jmxrmi"

If I connect to $NameNodeIP:8010, the JMX connection works, and I can see
stats and graph them, etc, as expected.

I find zero mentions of anyone having problems with DataNode monitoring via
JMX on the Googlewebs, so I guess at this point I wonder if anyone can
explicitly say they are collecting JMX stats from their DataNodes, and if
so, what distribution/versions they're running?

--
Tim