hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject RE: Basic question on HDFS - MR
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:26:41 GMT
Thanks Bejoy, Uma
This clears my doubt .

From: Bejoy KS [mailto:bejoy.hadoop@gmail.com]
Sent: Tuesday, October 18, 2011 4:47 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: Basic question on HDFS - MR

Hi Stuti
        You don't need anything manually to do the distribution of your jar across Task Trackers(DN).
You place your jar in some dir in LFS specify your jar path in the hadoop jar command then
hadoop internally copies the jar to all the required task trackers. Also you can place the
jar in any location job tracker would distribute it across TT.

Hope it helps

Regards
Bejoy.K.S
On Tue, Oct 18, 2011 at 4:33 PM, Stuti Awasthi <stutiawasthi@hcl.com<mailto:stutiawasthi@hcl.com>>