hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Stuti Awasthi <stutiawas...@hcl.com>
Subject Basic question on HDFS - MR
Date Tue, 18 Oct 2011 11:03:03 GMT
Hi,
I have a very basic question on MR jobs. Suppose I have a cluster 3 nodes out of which 1 NN
and 3 DN.
I wanted to run an MR job so I placed the jar on 1 of the cluster machine and executed, it
runs fine.
Now my question is do I need to copy my MR job to every DN for distributed processing?
Or
Placing MR jar on any of the machine does not make any difference , MR job will run in distributed
fashion.

Thanks
Stuti

::DISCLAIMER::