hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From "GOEKE, MATTHEW (AG/1000)" <matthew.go...@monsanto.com>
Subject RE: A question about RPC
Date Wed, 21 Sep 2011 21:37:48 GMT
Correct me if I am wrong but isn't Hadoop moving towards the Avro IDL for full RPC (in either
0.23 or some later version)?

From: Koert Kuipers [mailto:koert@tresata.com]
Sent: Wednesday, September 21, 2011 4:00 PM
To: hdfs-user@hadoop.apache.org
Subject: Re: A question about RPC

i would love an IDL, plus that modern serialization frameworks such as protobuf/thrift support
versioning (although i still have issues with different versions of thrift not working nicely
together, argh why is that). the only downside is perhaps that they are a little slower than
On Wed, Sep 21, 2011 at 3:12 AM, Uma Maheswara Rao G 72686 <maheswara@huawei.com<mailto:maheswara@huawei.com>>
Hadoop has its RPC machanism mainly Writables to overcome some of the disadvantages on normal
For more info: