hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Harsh J <ha...@cloudera.com>
Subject Re: Need help regarding HDFS-RAID
Date Thu, 15 Sep 2011 11:35:48 GMT
Hey Ajit,

HDFS-RAID was never part of the 0.20 release. It made its debut in the
0.21 release [1]. I know that Facebook uses it (and also did develop
it), but unsure of users beyond Facebook.

While 0.21 overall is not entirely deemed as production-usable yet
(and is in fact, possibly abandoned for efforts on 0.22+), you can
give that release a whirl on a test cluster and see for yourself if
your need beats the stability.

Just curious though - why are you looking to use this specifically?

[1] - http://svn.apache.org/repos/asf/hadoop/common/branches/branch-0.21/mapreduce/src/contrib/raid/

--
Harsh J