hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Andrew Purtell <apurt...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Need help regarding HDFS-RAID
Date Sat, 17 Sep 2011 16:16:46 GMT
Hi Dhruba,

Would you consider a contribution of this to branch-0.20-security aka 0.20.2xx.x?

If I am mistaken and you do not have a 0.22-ish HDFS RAID backported to an 0.20-ish platform,
please disregard.

Best regards,

    - Andy

>________________________________

what is available in Apache hdfs trunk.

>-dhruba
>

>On Thu, Sep 15, 2011 at 10:08 AM, Andrew Purtell <apurtell@apache.org> wrote:
>
>But that is the HDFS RAID effectively in 0.22+, not 0.21, right Dhruba?
>>

>>Best regards,
>>

>>       - Andy
>>
>>Problems worthy of attack prove their worth by hitting back. - Piet Hein (via Tom
White)

(effective replication of 2.5). Data older than a few months are raided using ReedSolomon
(effective observed replication factor of 1.5). This is running on our 60 PB size cluster
for about an year now.