hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Per Steffensen <st...@designware.dk>
Subject Unzipping from external filesystem to HDFS
Date Tue, 30 Aug 2011 08:19:41 GMT
Hi

I want to unzip a file that is living on an external (external from
HDFS) filesystem to HDFS, so that the unzipped files end up in some
folder on the HDFS. This needs to be as efficient as possible - so e.g.
if it is done i java code it probably needs to involve java.nio.channels
stuff or something that works directly with I/O resources. Can anyone
point me to the best/easiest/most efficient way to do this? I would like
to at least be able to invoke/initiate the unzip-process from java code,
but I guess I can invoke anything from java, so that is not much of a
requirement.

Regards, Per Steffensen