hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Dhruba Borthakur <dhr...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Any other uses of hdfs?
Date Sat, 16 Jul 2011 17:40:00 GMT
We are using hdfs for backups (and archival) of a huge number of databases

Sent from my iPhone

On Jul 16, 2011, at 9:14 AM, "Owen O'Malley" <owen@hortonworks.com> wrote:

> The scientists at CERN use HDFS for storing their large data sets and
> don't use MapReduce at all. (I believe most of their applications are
> MPI.) At Yahoo, some users run non-MapReduce in the shared MapReduce
> cluster.
> -- Owen
> On Jul 16, 2011, at 8:46 AM, Rita <rmorgan466@gmail.com> wrote:
>> So, I use hdfs to store very large files and access them thru various client (100
clients) using FS utils. Are there any other tools or projects that solely use hdfs as its
storage for fast access? I know hbase uses it but requires mapreduce. I want to know only
hdfs without mapreduce.
>> --
>> --- Get your facts first, then you can distort them as you please.--

View raw message