hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Juan Suero <juan.su...@gmail.com>
Subject remote datanode not connecting: ipc.client retrying connect
Date Wed, 27 Jul 2011 20:23:47 GMT
on my slave node I have having problem with ipc.client retrying connect
over and over and over again...

all my networking is configured fine.
ive also run both the master and slave as thier own single node clusters

something that might give a clue as to the root cause.....

on my masternode which i call ahname
 when i run start-dfs with fs.default.name in core-site.xml set to
hdfs://ahname:54310
 the localdatanode connects just fine.

but when i change the value to hdfs://192.168.1.78:54310
 i get the ipc.client retrying connect issue i was getting on the
remote slave (ahslave1)

i figured i was onto something so i started playing around with the
core-site.xml of the remote slave (ahslave1)
 but hdfs://ahname:54310 and hdfs://192.168.1.78:54310 both yielded
the same results….

the ipc.client retrying connect issue.

my masternode as a slave datanode works with hdfs://ahname:54310
 but my slave node doesnt work at all.
 all my network settings are correct. and ive successfullly run each
node as its own single node cluster already.

any ideas?