hadoop-hdfs-user mailing list archives

From Sakthivel Murugasamy <sakthiinfo...@gmail.com>
Subject Re: Namenode not get started. Reason: FSNamesystem initialization failed.
Date Fri, 15 Jul 2011 09:09:30 GMT
Dear Team,

I have loaded 3.6GB of compressed(bz2) directly into Hive, after that I ran
a simple "*select query*", namenode got crashed.
There after not able to start namenode.

Envoronment:

   - CentOS release 5.5 (Final), Hadoop Version: 0.20.2
   - Cluster size: 18 node
   - NameNode & SecondaryNamenode are in the same Machine

It seems editlogs/fsimage got corrupted, I haven't take any backup
separately, below is the exception

2011-07-14 23:37:43,378 ERROR
org.apache.hadoop.hdfs.server.namenode.FSNamesystem: FSNamesystem
initialization failed.
java.io.FileNotFoundException: File does not exist:
/opt/data/tmp/mapred/system/job_201107041958_0120/j^@^@^@^@^@^@

*Please find detailed exception in namenode's log file attached.*

Earlier, I have also posted in JIRA,
https://issues.apache.org/jira/browse/HADOOP-7458 , Jakob Homan directed me
to post in hdfs user's list.

Will there be any backup in SecondaryNamenode? Could you please assist me to
recover Namenode from this issue?

Thanks,
Sakthivel